Vaping CBD oil is an incredibly fast, efficient, and effective method of getting CBD into your body. CBD contained in e-liquid juice is heated by a vape pen, turns to vapor which is then breathed in and rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream.
Using a CBD vape pen is straightforward enough but it can get a little confusing at first when you are trying to understand how much CBD oil is in your bottle of CBD e-liquid, how much CBD is in each puff, and ultimately how much CBD oil you are taking.
Bottles of CBD e-liquid will vary in size, and concentration of CBD strength, but the total volume of CBD e-liquid will always be displayed in millilitres (ml).
CBD e-liquid is comprised of Propylene Glycol (PG) and Vegetable Glycol (VG) which are FDA approved food ingredients that help create that vapor cloud as well as carry the CBD oil.
The other ingredients in CBD e-liquid are of course CBD oil, but often other non-intoxicating cannabis compounds such as Cannabigerol (CBG) are added to enhance the entourage effect, along with natural aromatic terpenes for flavour.
Take a look at any bottle of Canavape CBD e-liquid. This CBD e-liquid has a total volume of 30ml which includes PG, VG, 300mg of CBD, 30mg of CBG, and terpenes.
If 30ml has 300mg of CBD and 30mg of CBG, then 1ml will contain 10mg of CBD and 1mg of CBG. In total 11mg of cannabinoids per 1ml of e-liquid.
Total Cannabinoid mg / Total ml = mg amount per ml
Measuring the exact amount of ml from in your CBD e-liquid can be tricky as it comes out in small drops and pipette sizes can differ depending on what CBD brand your using. However, there is a much, much easier way to get accurate CBD dosing when vaping CBD e-liquids.
Let’s say your vape pen (also known as vaporizer or vape mod) has a tank that can hold 3ml of e-liquid. Take the Aspire Breeze 2 for example.
When we fill this tank full we know that there is definitely 3ml of CBD e-liquid in the tank. We also know from before that 1ml contains 30mg of CBD and 3mg of CBG, so now a full tank of 3ml contains three times that amount.
Full Tank of 3ml = 90mg of CBD and 9mg of CBG
Now you know if you vape the whole tank you will have consumed 90mg of CBD and 9mg of CBG.
Every person has a unique body with a unique set of requirements and as such, there are no official guidelines for CBD dosage.
Best practice is always to start small and slow until you find what is right for you. Numerous studies show participants take anything from 100mg to 900mg of CBD a day but most people tend to consume less than 100mg of CBD oil.
You could always go for a CBD e-liquid with a higher concentration of CBD. For example, have a look at this bottle from Canavape which has double the amount of CBD and CBG but in the same 30ml size bottle.
By filling the empty tank you are now getting twice the amount of CBD and CBG from the same amount of puffs of your pen vaporizer.
Alternatively, you could buy a vape pen with a small tank, say with 1ml capacity. This way you can be even more accurate with your dosing and get all the benefits with fewer puffs.
This is an extremely hard question to answer and one that has no real answer. This is because each vaporizer can provide a different amount of vapor. It also depends on the person as everyone will take different puffs from the vape. You can get around 100-200 puffs from the standard 1mL cartridge . So if you have a 1mL which contains 200mg CBD it will give you 1 or 2 of CBD per puff.
A very important factor to take into consideration is that all vitamins, minerals and even CBD vary in terms of bioavailability. That is, the amount you consume is not exactly the amount that is absorbed and utilised by the body.
Vaping CBD has been shown to have a high bioavailability of around 60%, meaning if you vaped 100mg of CBD, around 60mg will enter your bloodstream and the other 40% is lost. CBD edibles and CBD infused drinks can be as low as 6%!
This is an important factor to considerÂ when taking CBD oil as you may wish to consume 50mg a day but would need to vape more than this to take into account the bioavailability loss.
Vaping CBD is fantastic given its high bioavailability and even more so because it gets to work straight away which is a huge consideration for a lot of people.
Vaping e-liquids are a discreet, quick, and easy way of getting CBD into your daily routine. They also offer a better tasting experience in comparison to most CBD tinctures and drops which tend to be more earthy in flavour.
CBD oil can make you feel a little drowsy if too much is consumed so start small and go slow to find your perfect CBD dosage.
Here are the basics of getting accurate CBD dosing when vaping CBD:
In terms of the amount of CBD per puff, this is quite difficult to determine as everyone’s puffs are different lengths. For best results follow the aforementioned steps and enjoy all the benefits vaping CBD oil has to offer. If you enjoyed this article be sure to check out our post The Best CBD Oils In The UK.