3 CBD Oil Salad Dressing Recipes That You Didn’t Know That You NeededBreffni O'Brien
Opting for CBD tinctures have many benefits. Besides having high bioavailability and ease of use, they’re also incredibly versatile! Yes, you can take them sublingually, but did you know that you can use tinctures in your cooking too? If you want to dip your toe in the corner of the culinary arts known as cannabis-infused cooking, we’ve got the perfect recipes for you. No matter your cooking abilities, our CBD oil salad dressing recipes are a wonderful place to start.
CBD tinctures and oils tend to have an oily texture, which means that they can slip seamlessly into dishes where you would naturally include an oil or butter. Therefore, CBD oil can be easily incorporated into most sauces, dressings, and baked goods.
Our CBD oil dressing recipes are fast, easy, and don’t require any hard-to-find ingredients. We’re sure that you have the majority of these ingredients in your pantry already. These recipes require very little prep time too. So, they’re perfect if you’ve forgotten to pick up salad dressing in the weekly shop – and they’re tastier too!
The Jar Method
There are a few ways of making salad dressings, and the most common one is simply whisking the ingredients together in a bowl until emulsified. This just means that the oil and vinegar are fully mixed together. Oil and vinegar don’t mix easily, so it takes a bit of effort to get them to fully emulsify.
We like using the jar method for this. It’s simple, fun, and it works. Plus, it saves on the washing up – what’s not to love?
To do this, you can just pop all of your CBD oil salad dressing ingredients into the jar, and fasten the lid. Make sure the lid is fastened tightly, as there will be a lot of movement. The last thing we want is to have to clean salad dressing off of the ceiling. When you’re sure things are secure, get shaking. We’re talking about your best Tom Cruise in Cocktail impression!
Which CBD Oil Should I Use?
The best thing about these recipes is that you can use your favourite CBD oils in them. Using naturally flavoured CBD tinctures will mean that your CBD oil salad dressing will have an earthy hint to it. But because it is combined with other ingredients, the earthy flavour should act as a supporting role rather than taking centre stage.
Each recipe includes a guideline for how much CBD oil we used, but this is completely customizable. You can add as much or as little as you’d like. This will depend on the strength of the tincture that you’re using, and your personal preference. We’ve included guidelines, but feel free to put your own spin on things.
Lemon CBD Oil Salad Dressing
We have put together three of our favourite CBD oil salad dressing recipes, and this first one is probably the easiest. It doesn’t require any prep time, fancy equipment, or hard-to-find ingredients. In fact, you probably have the ingredients in your larder already.
This zesty salad dressing has a light, refreshing taste that is perfectly paired with summer evenings on the patio, BBQ burgers, and a flavoursome salad. We like to use this hemp oil salad dressing in salads with strong flavours like rocket or pomegranate. We also think it works well with dried fruits like cranberries or goji berries, or cheeses like Parmigiano and pecorino.
For this recipe, we’ll be using our trusty jar method. Once you use this for salad dressings, you’ll never go back.
You will need:
- 1tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, from half a lemon
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp mild raw honey
- 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp CBD oil of your choice
Here’s how you can make it:
- Once you have gathered your ingredients, pop them into a clean jar with a lid. Make sure you fasten on the lid tightly, as you don’t want any leaks.
- When the lid is secured, you need to vigorously shake the jar.
This will combine all of the ingredients and help them to emulsify. You can do this by whisking them together in a bowl, but the jar method is faster, easier, and there’s less washing up.
- When the dressing is ready, simply drizzle over your freshly prepared salad, and serve.
You can store excess CBD oil salad dressing in the jar for a couple of days, simply shake before pouring. Because the ingredients have long shelf lives, the dressing will last for a couple of days.
Garlic CBD Oil Salad Dressing
If you’re a fan of garlic (who isn’t?) this CBD oil salad dressing recipe is the one for you. This no-fuss recipe is easy to make and it has tonnes of flavour. It’s also quite versatile, as you can use it on leafy green salads and on pasta salads too.
We particularly like pairing this CBD oil salad dressing recipe with a green crunch salad with blueberries. Garlic and blueberries might sound like a very unlikely pair, but their flavours work in perfect harmony with each other. Think of the classic strawberry and black pepper pairing!
Because we’re big fans of garlic, we like to prepare this recipe in advance and let it sit for a couple of hours, before serving. This gives the garlic a chance to work its magic and infused into the other oils in the dressing.
Because we want a strong garlic flavour, we’ll need to balance it out with a little more blueberry goodness. To do this, we opted for a flavoured CBD tincture. Our favourite is this Canndid flavoured tincture.
How to Make Garlic CBD Oil Salad Dressing
To make this recipe, we only used four ingredients, all of which we had in the pantry already.
You will need:
- ¼ white wine vinegar
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 1 tbsp CBD oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
To make it, you need to:
- Pop all of your ingredients into your clean jar and fasten on the lid tightly.
- Get shaking! Vigorously shake the jar until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Set aside the dressing so that the flavours can infuse into the oil. The longer you leave it, the stronger garlic the taste. So, how long you leave it is up to you. We usually leave it to sit for a couple of hours.
- When you’re ready to serve your salad, give the jar another shake and drizzle the contents across your prepared salad.
How to Make A Crunchy Green Salad with Blueberries
For our crunchy green salad with blueberries, we used baby spinach and cucumber. However, you can use whatever salad greens that you want, and you can incorporate other vegetables too if you’d like!
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced and halved
- 2 cups baby spinach/whatever greens you fancy
- ½ tbsp hemp seeds
To make the salad dressing, you’ll need to:
- All you need to do is chop up your ingredients and chuck them in a bowl.
- When you’re ready to serve, drizzle with your previously prepared dressing.
- Toss everything about to ensure it is evenly coated in your delicious CBD oil salad dressing.
CBD Oil Infused Tomato Vinaigrette
These recipes are suitable for chefs of all abilities, but we thought we would take things up a level for our last recipe. This impressive CBD oil salad dressing is a wonderful addition to and pasta salad, chopped salad, or even drizzled over baby potatoes.
It’s super easy to make and doesn’t take a lot of prep time. It’s ideal if you’re on salad duty for the family BBQ, and you want something that will wow but won’t take you all day to make.
For this CBD oil salad dressing, you will need:
- 1 ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup cherry/plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1-2 tbsp CBD oil
Because this recipe involves some cooking, you will need some equipment. You’ll need a large saute pan and a hand blender, along with our trusty lidded jar.
How to make it:
- Pop your cherry tomatoes into a large saute pan with about 3 tbsp olive oil.
- Cooking the tomatoes over medium/high heat until they begin to soften and get some colour on them.
- When the tomatoes have blistered, you can turn off the heat and leave them to cool down.
- Once they have come to room temperature, place them into a large bowl with the red wine vinegar.
- Using the hand blender, puree the contents of the bowl.
- Slowly add the mustard, CBD oil, and the rest of the olive oil, using the hand blender to make sure everything is fully combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, and you’re ready to go!
To Sum Things Up
These recipes are a delicious and fun way to get your daily CBD dos, and they’re also customizable. As we mentioned, you can use your favourite CBD tinctures in these recipes, but you can also use them as a base for your own recipes.
For example, shake things up by replacing the garlic in the second recipe with crushed chillis, and use the same infusion method to make spicy CBD-infused chilli oil. We’d recommend swapping the berry flavoured CBD oil for a naturally flavoured one though!
You can also experiment with other flavoured CBD oils to change the flavour profiles of your salad dressings. You can browse our entire curated collection of premium quality CBD tinctures and oils here.