What are the Facts?
CBD oil multiple sclerosis treatment studies have confirmed that the anti-inflammatory effects of CBD oil can greatly benefit patients with Multiple Sclerosis. Often helping in reducing pain associated with the disease and slowing down its progression as well.
There are so many myths surrounding the effects of CBD oil on multiple sclerosis. For this reason, we have thought it wise to clear the air today so that you, and anyone else who is interested, can get the facts right.
First, let us start by understanding what CBD oil and multiple sclerosis are.
What is Multiple Sclerosis (MS)?
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) refers to a lasting disease that can affect the brain, the nerves in the eye, and the spinal cord. When one has MS, your immune system attacks a protective coating that protects nerve fibers and causes a communication breakdown between your brain and body. Over time the nerves deteriorate and may be damaged permanently and can even result in loss of your ability to walk.
Unfortunately, the experts have not found a cure for MS. However, one positive thing is that there is a treatment that has been steadily gaining in popularity and usage in the last few years. Especially for helping a great deal in speeding up recovery from the attacks. That treatment, of course, is CBD oil.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD oil is an oiled cannabinoid. It can be easily applied to the skin or ingested to receive its positive effects. Unlike most cannabis products, cannabinoid doesn’t get the users high. The product doesn’t have any psychoactive property. So, it affects your body more than it affects your brain.
Facts About CBD Oil and MS
Here are some of the most interesting facts about CBD oil and multiple sclerosis:
It is Illegal in Some States and Countries
At the time of writing this article, CBD was available for use only in 44 of the 50 U.S. states. About five states completely outlaw the use of CBD. This, therefore, means that you are not allowed to consume CBD oil multiple sclerosis if you are living in such states that outlaw the use of this product. CBD use is illegal in the following U.S. states:
- West Virginia
- South Dakota
- Furthermore, the Drug Enforcement Agency of the United States still considers CBD illegal because the drug is extracted from the marijuana plant. The agency argues that this drug is highly addictive.
It is a Non-Psychoactive Substance
CBD oil is a non-psychoactive substance. Therefore, it doesn’t produce any psychoactive effects in users. In fact, it neither provides nor increases the ‘high’ feeling or euphoric effects. The drug has little or no effect on both the CB1 and CB2 brain receptors that regulate the immune system, sleep, pain, learning and coordination. Furthermore, this drug has no negative effect on short-memory memory loss.
It has Anti-Inflammatory Properties
CBD oil is highly effective when it comes to reducing the inflammation. This can be supremely beneficial for anyone looking to recover quicker from inflamed muscles and joints.
Other Noteworthy Facts
- The CBD oil is extracted from a CBD plant and multiple sclerosis patients can take it orally through drops, cooked into foods, or vaporized.
- CBD oil works faster and more effective in reducing the symptoms of multiple sclerosis if the patient couples its use with increasing vitamin D intake.
- CBD oil doesn’t cure multiple sclerosis. It is only meant to help in managing the symptoms of the disease. In fact, there is no known permanent cure for the disease
- CBD oil reduces and eliminates multiple sclerosis-related pain. It also helps the patient to have a deep, sound, dreamless sleep, which also helps in managing the symptoms of this disease. If you consume rich CBD edibles a few minutes or hours before you go to bed, it will help control inflammations, muscle spasms and pain in general. This way, you will definitely have a peaceful sleep.
- Herbalists have been using CBD to treat various conditions since the ancient times.
- CBD oil is becoming a popular medicine for treating multiple sclerosis. This drug alters the endocannabinoid system of the human body directly to encourage a general improvement in both the mental and physical health. CBD oil multiple sclerosis is increasingly being used because it has no any side effects on patients.